Welcome to Kit@ project!
Media competency training for professionals in day-care centres and comparable institutions of Europe. Explore e-learning course “Media Literacy for ECEC teachers”:
What is it about?
Seven European partners have contributed with their knowledge and experience and jointly developed a training programme for Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) professionals. The result is a flexible training course in Media Literacy that can be accessed and studied by professionals, independent of time, at their own pace.
How does it work?
There are two options: the course material can either be downloaded or studied online as an e-learning course:
- Learn more about the current situation in the participating countries with regard to Media Literacy and see our recommendations regarding the guiding principles and features of training programmes.
- Take part in our training programme and learn more about Media Literacy. This can be done by using the interactive manual (PDF).
- Try out our practical examples, which can be implemented directly in your ECEC centre.
- Learn at your own pace with our e-learning course with many interactive exercises.
- Take the final online-test and receive a certificate.
What does the course contain?
Nine modules that can be studied in any order and at your own pace.
- Basics: Basic Knowledge of Media Literacy, Technical Basics
- Theory: Children’s Media Worlds, Media Heroes, Advertising and Children
- Practice: Photo, Video & Stop-Motion, Audio and Coding
Downloadable documents for everyday use.
Certificate after completion of the final test.
Language and costs
Available in Bulgarian, English, German, Greek, Portuguese, Slovak.